What comes first to your Mind, if Do you have websites that talks about “Travelling”?
How to increase bookings and make more leads?
How you can assure the growth of your travel business? The answer is “SEO”.
WHY IS TRAVEL SEO IMPORTANT?
If you have a travel website or thinking to create a travel website, the first thing you need to understand is why SEO is important for your website’s growth and what are the benefits that SEO will bring in for your travel business.
Let’s start a very quick introduction to SEO. SEO means Search Engine Optimization. SEO is an organic process. I am sharing some SEO tips for your travel website.
#1 – Getting More Leads from Search Engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.)
The purpose of SEO is to increase the quality & quantity of your website traffic by increasing its online presence. So if you will take care of your SEO properly then your website will appear higher on a search engine for a related keyword of your travel business. For example, when a user opens Google and types “Maldives Holidays Package”, the website appearing on the first page will bring in more qualified leads for them.
#2 – SEO Can Guarantee Your Travel Business Growth
Can you assume how many leads you could get if you had 5000 people visiting your travel website every single day? Your website gets at least 1k organic leads which will actually bring in some business for your organization.
How to SEO your Travel Website
#1 – Local SEO (Local Search Engine Optimization)
DID YOU KNOW? Google Reveal, 40% of searchers have a ‘local intent’.
Local SEO is a process to optimize your website so that shows up when people search for your targeted location or when searching through mobile and desktop when located in your close proximity.
How to create Google Business Page
If you want to create local business for your travel website you have to do a number of things like:
· Create a Google My Business account and verify it.
· Fill your Google My Business profile with descriptions, service areas, contact information, photos and any other information required for your business.
· Add opening and closing hours.
· Get good quality links from local citation websites and other high DA/PA websites.
#2 – Homepage SEO
The Homepage is the most important page of all types of websites. In terms of content, structure, UI and internal linking of your homepage should include things like:
· Good Travel related Banner
· Exciting photos of happy people on holidays
· Give some offers and deals
· Add blogs in homepage
· Create a Good User interface
· Website Header and Footer section is attractive
#3 – SEO for Categories and Destination Pages
A good structure for travel the website has the following parameters:
• Dedicated landing page for each City or State
• The website has a dedicated landing page for each specific area
• For each landing page, there is an SEO optimized page
#4 – Technical SEO for Website
Technical SEO is most important part of any website after on-page and off-page optimization.
1. Website Loading Speed Time Improve
· Improve server response time
· Reduce image size
· set a browser cache policy
· Reduce the number of redirects
· Avoid loading your website with too much stuff
Visit- SEO Expert Near You
2. Website Functionality & Usability
· Make sure your website is mobile-friendly
· URL must be SEO friendly
· Use the secure protocol https
· Use correctly the 301 redirects after site changes
· Make sure your pages are crawlable
· Test your robots.txt file
· Verify the indexed content weekly bases
· Review your sitemap.xml file
· Optimize your crawl budget
· Use hreflang for language and regional URLs
· Make sure your tracking is working properly
3. Content Optimization
· Improve internal linking
· Remove duplicate content on the website
· Use schema to highlight your content
· Keep a reasonable number of links on-page
Read More: HOW TO FIND THE BEST TRAVEL AGENCY
4. User-Friendly Website
· Set up your amp the right way – mobile friendly
· Add breadcrumbs for better navigation in whole website
· Test website on as many platforms and devices as possible
Travel SEO Common Mistakes
Unfortunately, not all travel websites follow the above SEO steps that cost them some organic traffic and keyword rankings to lose. The most common travel SEO mistakes are:
· Using a website that is not SEO friendly
· Duplicate content in your website
· No Social Media Presence
· Not connecting with customers
· No user reviews
Top 5 Travel Website in India